4:00 Activity Hour
- Student Recitals: Each student will have an opportunity to perform a solo chosen and prepared by the hometown teacher. In order to make this a quality experience, your solo should be a polished piece that is "well loved and oft' played", is securely memorized and has been performed with accompaniment prior to coming to NESI. If your solo is not in the Suzuki curriculum and requires accompaniment, make sure you bring the accompaniment sheet music with you to NESI! Although solos are encouraged for all students, participation is optional. You will be prompted to send your solo information in June.
Evening activities are available for all participants. Special supervised activities for teens will be available that will allow for deepening social connections. Evening programs begin each night at 6:30 unless otherwise indicated.
- Institute welcome at 6:00pm followed by play ins for all instrument groups.
- Special Teen Activity: Ice Breaker - Pizza Party and Movie Night – Meet at 5pm
- Camp-wide Bonfire: Get into the NESI Spirit with a Camp-Wide bonfire! Meet at the fire pit. Matt Loosigian will lead us through well-known folk songs as well as tunes from the book Rise Up Singing. Guitars, ukes and other accompanying instruments are encouraged! Meet your fellow campers and reunite with old friends.
- Special Teen Activity: Taekwondo
- Parent Talk with NESI Faculty
- Movie for the Children
- Special Teen Activity: Pool Party
- FACULTY RECITAL For All (Including Teens) The faculty recital is a traditional highlight of the NESI week. Come hear your teachers perform!
- CONTRADANCE Contradancing, also known as New England style country dancing, is related to square dancing but has a rather different feel. Our fiddle students will provide live music for the dance led by our fiddle teacher and her band.
- Special Teen Activity: Runout Performance
- Final Concerts for Piano, Guitar and Ensembles will occur Friday afternoon and evening.